Too much time working on client stuff and having a personal life leads to a pretty boring Web Design page :)
I really will get around to making an attractive, trustworthy web design page eventually, but for now, some reasons why you may be interested in working with me:
- I have been in the web/internet business for 10 years - that's basically since "the beginning" when the internet started reaching non-military/academic audiences. I've been programming for even longer - since I was a child and my dad brought home a PCjr.
- My first professional web development job involved redesigning the homepage for McMaster University, in Hamilton, Ontario - a process I went through two more times over the 5 years I was employed with the University as both a co-op student and subsequently a fulltime employee.
- At my present job at Quarry Integrated Communications, in Waterloo - I have worked on web content for major international companies such as: FedEx, Nortel, RIM, Cendant, BASF, Sprint, BDO Dunwoody and smaller groups such as The Waterloo Children's Museum, Digital Display Corp., Theatre & Company and Lutheran Life Insurance.
- I am a skilled ColdFusion programmer, but can also work with other backend web scripting languages such as ASP, PHP and even Java applets.
- I maintain relationships with non-profit organizations helping them with technical consulting and website-related needs. Presently, I'm affiliated with the Wellwood Cancer Support Center in Hamilton, Ontario, and also Creative Arts/Tivoli Theatre in Hamilton.
- I have a degree in Philosophy from the University of Waterloo, where I was also the president of the board and the webmaster for the student newspaper Imprint.
- Although coding and HTML generation is my forte, I do have some basic design skills to handle creation of new content, and have access to several contacts in the industry that are professional graphic artists to handle more demanding visual work that is beyond my capabilities.
- I have 5 years of experience working for a marketing company which has a heavy focus on usability in website design, and am able to apply a lot of those concepts to new development projects of my own undertaking.
- I offer reasonable industry rates for high-quality results, and am willing to schedule payment around what works best for both you the client, and myself. In the past, I have worked on a flat agreed-upon flat rate per hour, I have worked on a total-sum-for-work basis regardless of how much time it took me to generate an end result the client was happy with, and I have also worked in-kind for other goods and services provided by the companies I work for.
- My methodology for web development is focused on solutions to your needs and problems, not trying to sell the latest and greatest wiz-bang features. As a philosopher, programmer, and even soon-to-be trained mediator, my analytical aproach and problem-solving skills will be as useful to you as my HTML knowledge when coming up with innovative ideas to make your website work for you.
If you have have a project that you feel would succeed with my help, please contact email@example.com
with details and we can discuss future directions.
Thanks for stopping by!